Monday, December 13, 2010

simplicity at it's finest.

As of late I've been trying to simplify everything in my life. So when I saw that Torri was offering her old blog design for *insert magic word here* free, I just knew my blog should have a fresh new look and be simplified along with everything else. Torri is the sister of Holly whom you all already know I am a huge fan of, and she's just as stunning and just as sweet. Lucky parents those ladies have.

After an 11 hour work day yesterday (gotta love retail in December *sarcasm*) I attempted to install the new blog layout and made a complete mess of it. Soooo, as if sharing the design with me wasn't nice enough, Torri offered to install it for me as well. And, with the way things have been going lately, her simple kindness really brightened my day. Do you love it? If so, this design along with many other "freebies" are available through Torri's blog, Digital Confections. Be sure to tell her I sent you.

While my blog was getting a makeover today, so was the Christmas decor around here. However, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to photograph it all since it made quite a mess. Let's just say that 30 feet of fresh garland and a project involving lots of Martha Stewart glitter will have me busy cleaning this evening. In the meantime, I thought I'd share the photos I was able to capture of my stubborn 3 year old the other day for this years Christmas card. The attempt ended with us both in tears. Him, because he couldn't play on his swingset which was, is, and I'm sure will be for months to come, covered in snow. And me, because I dropped my camera (that I just got for my birthday in May) on the driveway. Luckily, the pictures turned out pretty dang cute and his smile cheered me up.






1 comment:

thank you for stopping by and as always, for your kind comments. each and every one sure does bring a smile to my face.