Monday, January 24, 2011

Jack's bedroom makeover (before).

As you may already know, I've been working on turning Jack's boring, plain, "no longer my style" nursery into a "big boy" room he can love and I can be proud of.

Well, it's complete.
For now.

And just as soon as the sun decides to shine again here in the state of Ohio,
in the month of January,
I will quickly take all the photos I can before the clouds again hide the rays I love so much.

Until then,
I have nothing but the "before" pictures.
The ghastly "before" pictures.

Of his room.
Of furniture for his room.
And, of items in his room.

So, if your eyes (and stomachs) can handle it,
here is his room, furniture, and items in all it's hideous glory.



anyone notice the sneak peak? ;)


$20 antique dresser I found on Craigslist.


$20 desk and chair from a local thrift store.


$10 Craigslist find that I'm glad I measured before we bought Jack's mattress.
Previous owner said it was full sized. It's queen.


what the old light looked like.


What I used to make the new light.
Thanks to A LOT of help (and patience) from my dad who knew I had a vision and trusted me enough to keep working on this seemingly never-ending project.
Love you Dad!


Are y'all still with me?

Have you frantically hit the "stop following" button after all that mess?

Or is your head hanging over a bucket/toilet from how sick you are to your stomach after seeing those images?


If you're still here, you deserve an award!

But, I promise you, the "after" in my completely biased opinion is soooo cool.

It brought me to tears.
Happy tears.
Sad tears.

Happy to see my "baby" boy so excited about his big boy room and "gigantic to him" bed!
:)

Sad to see I no longer have a baby boy.
:(

But, he's happy so it makes me happy.
And, the weather forecast is showing sunshine for Thursday so hopefully that will be the big reveal day!

If anyone knows of any good par-tays (i.e. parties) I can link up to, and share the room makeover, please do let me know!

Until then, thanks for hanging in there through the good, the bad, and the ugggg-ly with me.


4 comments:

  1. oooh looking forward to the reveal! I swear Ohio is the worst place to be too see sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished project! And post picures if you make a wreath!

    xox,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved looking at all your before pictures! They are just making me excited to see your afters that much more :) I can't wait to see what you do with that light.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by and as always, for your kind comments. each and every one sure does bring a smile to my face.